Sunday, March 13, 2011

On the road again

OK, six months, no posts. I'll use this as my notebook on the next big roadtrip, starting on Tuesday! I'm flying to Paris with Mrs Eurocentric and taking a rental car straight to Beaune. I'll do a few tastings there, then head through Montagny, Beaujolais, the northern and southern Rhone, Jurancon, Spain, across to Italy via the Languedoc, then up to Germany via Alsace, into Champagne for some special treats (I mean really special), then Chablis and back to Burgundy, plus a lightning trip to the Loire. Then we go to New York for a week as Mrs E is presenting at a conference.

It's a massive trip (massively unplanned) and I hope to be able to announce our new Spanish and Italian labels as we go, plus some of the new French producers. There won't be any new German producers! Twelve is more than enough ... Fritz Haag completes the team, although I am going to get some Knipser and Huber for a sommelier friend.

Right, the plan is to post briefly and often. Give feedback if you want to know about anything in particular!

No comments:

Post a Comment